Swissphotonics is a non-profit association that has emerged from the former NTN (national thematic network) of the same name. It is the declared goal of Swissphotonics to improve the competitiveness of its members through the support of innovation forces.
- We organize events: Workshops to foster the interaction within the innovation community, roundtables to address challenges and we support conferences to provide opportunities for communicating leading edge information.
- We support eight photonics labs which act as center of competence and provide single point of contact service and support to SMEs.
- We inform about Swiss and European strategic research agendas, research platforms and initiatives.
- We provide information about funding opportunities as well as support to access them.
- We serve the full field of photonics, starting from materials which convert electricity into light and light into electricity all the way to the applications of light such as photonic manufacturing (materials processing with a laser beam: cutting, welding, subtractive and additive manufacturing), imaging, photonic life science, optical communication, photovoltaics and illumination.
- We serve companies, research organisations and universities in the field of photonics in basic and applied science, technology development, manufacturing and selling of photonics components and applications.
- We support the industry and research institutes in finding research and implementation project partners.
- We support networking within Switzerland and we establish international contacts, within Europe (Photonics21, EPIC) and worldwide (OSA, IOA)
- We work with Swissmem to support innovation in photonics.
The association Verein Schweizer Laser und Photonik Netz or in short Swissphotonics is governed by the yearly general assembly .