The Laboratory of Applied NanoSciences is specialized in advanced materials engineering and surface micro- and submicrostructure characterization. Its interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientist develops and designs advanced materials and processes for coating, printing, and surface treatment for decorative and functional applications.
- Advanced atomic force microscopy (AFM), optical profilometry: nano- & microstructure analysis of metals, oxides and polymer surfaces or thin films
- Atmospheric pressure plasma surface treatment
- Pilot tests & feasibility studies for industrial surface treatment, processing, coating, and inkjet printing
- Polymer nanocomposites, nano- and microfiber membranes and filters
- Electrical, optical, and wetting properties of materials and surfaces
- Colloidal nanoparticles and nanoparticle ink characterizations
- Training for professionals
The research unit COMATEC-LANS belongs to the Institute COMATEC, Department of Industrial Technologies of the HEIG-VD/HES-SO.
2 Forscher / Doktoranden / Postdocs